Module 1: Weeks 1-3 - Learn about the challenge
- Define your problem and do some research to learn about the issue.
- Look at ways that other people have solved a similar problem. Check the App Store for different apps. How might your app be similar and different?
- Get to know your team by completing the Skills Matrix.
- Meet your Mentor.
- Decide on best times to meet as a team and to work individually.
- Make a plan for the twelve weeks. Add the key dates and reminders to your calendar or diary.
- Use the tutorial videos to create simple apps in Thunkable to learn the basic app-building skills.
Module 2: Weeks 4-6 - Plan your App
- Start your business plan. Create a shared document and see what is involved.
- Evaluate some apps that are similar to your idea.
- Read the Judging Rubric to make sure you understand what is required.
- Conduct some market research. Who might use your app? What might they need?
- Start developing your brand - logo, name, colour scheme etc
- Create a mock app - a paper prototype or a hyperlinked Keynote
Module 3: Weeks 7-9 - Create Your App
- Create images that you will need for your app.
- Write information pages for your app if required.
- Code your app.
- Start creating your Pitch Video.
- Work on your business plan.
- Use the Judging Rubric to check you are on track.
Module 4: Weeks 10-12 - Bringing it all together
- Finish coding and debugging your app.
- Finish writing your business plan
- Finish editing your Pitch Video.
- Create your Demo Video.
- Package up all your items for submission.